POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question of physics : Re: A question of physics Server Time
30 Sep 2024 11:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of physics
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Oct 2008 06:11:55
Message: <48f864eb$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Speaker sensitivity is the parameter you are after

Indeed. But it isn't quoted.

> Typical values are from 80 - 100, so I guess you could use 90 to work out the dB.

Heh. Yeah. Now I just have to figure out how many dB I actually need to
fill a room...

> I doubt cheap PC speakers will tell you the actual value.

That's the problem. :-/

OTOH, at least the Wattage ratings are all RMS. (Although it doesn't
tell you at what frequency...) Some even state the impedance - which
seems a little redundant in an active speaker system...